How will ChatGPT impact education? Will teachers ban ChatGPT?
Before I moved into professional photography and AI image generation, I taught education at the university level for 20 years and public school before that. So, I've been thinking a lot about how ChatGPT may affect the future of education.
In November 2022, OpenAI released ChatGPT for public use. ChatGPT is a large language model trained by OpenAI. It is designed to generate human-like text responses based on the input it receives.
In this video, we look at some of the things ChatGPT can do - and some things that it can't. And we talk about the implications AI has for teachers and education.
We talk about the advantages of using ChatGPT as part of your classroom and whether using ChatGPT is actually plagiarism. I’ll also introduce you to an AI checker app.
***Share ideas on how plan to address ChatGPT in your school setting in the comments below.***
Subscribe for more tips like these https://bit.ly/MtP-Subscribe ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
0:00 What is ChatGPT?
0:41 What types of content can ChatGPT generate?
1:42 Length of input and output
2:06 Limitations of ChatGPT
3:04 Teachers Concerns
3:29 Advantages of ChatGPT
4:22 Is ChatGPT plagiarism?
4:58 How to detect AI content
5:31 Sample ChatGPT academic policy
5:50 Try ChatGPT for free
►AI CONTENT DETECTOR https://writer.com/ai-content-detector/
►GRAMMARLY PLAGIARISM CHECKER https://www.grammarly.com/plagiarism-checker
►►VIDEO: ChatGPT Interview: AI-Generated Art https://youtu.be/t0orIOLhU9I
ACADEMIC POLICY VIA CHATGPT
Here is a sample policy that a school could use to limit the use of ChatGPT and ensure that students are completing their own homework:
1. Students are only permitted to use ChatGPT for research and fact-checking purposes, and not for the completion of entire homework assignments.
2. Students found to be using ChatGPT to complete homework assignments will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension or expulsion.
3. Students are required to cite any information obtained from ChatGPT in their homework, just as they would with any other source.
4. Teachers will have the discretion to request students to share the chat/conversation history of the query they made with ChatGPT on their homework as a proof of authenticity.
5. The school reserves the right to monitor student use of ChatGPT and take appropriate action if it is believed that the policy is being violated.
6. It is the responsibility of the student to understand this policy and to use ChatGPT responsibly.
7. The School will provide a responsible teacher/administrator contact if there are any questions regarding this policy.
Note: It's important to remember that this policy is a sample only and should be tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of the school. It's also important to remember that the policy should be communicated clearly and effectively to students, parents and teachers, and be reviewed regularly.
Want to learn how to make AI images in Midjourney? Check out my online courses >>
Subscribe for more tips like these https://bit.ly/MtP-Subscribe
Get sneak peeks and more tips in the community https://bit.ly/MakingPhotoCommunity